Saturday, January 22, 2011

Freedom to Party - March 1990 - Spot Your Face! Video






Most of you have already heard of the Freedom to Party Campaign of the 1990s. My involvement is also public knowledge so i wont go into that here. What's interesting about this post are the many faces that came to the protest. I took a series of shots on that day and wanted to see if anyone recognised themselves from the photos. I've kept it short and sweet, also added an original Genesis'88 pirate radio ad i recorded in 1989…


If your in the shots be sure to comment otherwise like, share etc 


MORE TO COME







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! - remember this rally well. remember it was pissing down with rain, got there and was on a mission to get to the front of the crowd. also remember seeing DEBBIE MALONE sing RESCUE ME, with a guy doing bassline b-box live....that was sooo cool to see. there was a guy called ANTON LE PIRATE he was chatting about government legislation to ease off and let us party....but the best was yet to come....the after party at RADLETT was blinding....ILLEGAL WAREHOUSE PARTY where thousands of people turned up...there was more outside than there was inside lol...GREAT TIMES!! GET ON ONE MATEY LOL ..Tam :))))

Unknown said...

I d love to connect with people who went to Radlett - mind blowing - my ex found the warehouse that night ! Suze

Unknown said...

I was there , gave Anton and Lois a lift down ( they had a parking permit for my car on the square,my silver Porsche 911)... Anyone who knew me as "Crazy Steve" back then will remember the convoy's I led around the home counties..I was no yuppie.Am using my other half's account , really not tech savvy...How I miss those early rave days ,crawling round a pitch black field of cars at 4am trying to find my own bloody car at the Sunrise bash..Feel kinda sorry for the mid 90's ravers ,cose it all started to get "money oriented" by then..You really missed something really special. Love and peace to all CRAZY STEVE still alive